While Hari Raya celebrations have been muted this year due to the Covid-19 pandemic, and the recovery movement control order (RMCO), Malaysian kindness has made a difference to those struggling with basic necessities through the #AyamBersamaMu community pantry initiative in 13 communities.
In Penang, The Children's Protection Society partners with Ayam Brand to manage the community pantry that operates on a ‘Take what you need, leave what you can concept’. The weatherproof pantry is stocked with daily necessities such as Ayam Brand products. It is set up outside the compound so that social distancing is observed, and is open to the public round-the-clock.
Staff and residents update community groups on social media and messaging apps, on what is available, and what is needed. Their efforts have made the initiative viral.
|Apam Cheese Hipster cooked by Volunteer Faisal Bin Baharom using Ayam Brand product.|
Volunteers are returning this kindness by preparing home-cooked open house meals using Ayam Brand™ products. The meals spanned traditional favorites such as Roti Jala with sardine curry to macaroni fruit salad!
The buzz around the AyamBersamaMu community pantry has introduced The Children's Protection Society to more people in the district resulting in a steady flow of contributions to the pantry, and to the children in the home.
To date more than 5,000 Ayam Brand products have been taken from the pantries nationwide, and thousands of other items have been contributed by individuals, companies and NGOs to help those who are struggling.
Through its long-running Corporate Social Responsibility programmes Ayam Brand™ has contributed more than 2 million healthy meals for charity, providing nutritious food to more than 22,500 people from 538 charity organisations and NGOs over the past 13 years.
Be part of the movement to receive or to give essentials this Raya season and beyond. The full list of Ayam Brand Community Pantry locations follow:
- KUALA LUMPUR: Anjung Singgah Lot 28-32 Jalan Hang Lekiu, 50100 Kuala Lumpur
PAHANG: Rumah Anak Yatim Dan Fakir Miskin Baitul Husna, Lot 132 Kampung Pelindung, 26100 Beserah, Kuantan
- TERENGGANU: Rumah Kebajikan Anak-anak Yatim Al-Hijrah Lot 4972, Taman Alam Perdana Binjai, 24000 Kemaman
- KELANTAN: Pusat Jagaan Pertubuhan Anak Yatim dan Asnaf Kelantan Lot 723 Seksyen 49, Mukim Langgar, 15000 Kota Bharu
- PERAK: Pertubuhan Baitul Aini Ipoh PT 232242, Jalan Kuala Pari Hilir, Kg. Kuala Pari Hilir, 30100 Ipoh
- PENANG: The Children's Protection Society No. 118-A, Jalan Scotland, 10450 Penang
- KEDAH: Pusat Jagaan Insan Kesayanganku No.852 Taman Mahsuri Jitra, 06000 Jasmina
- PERLIS: Pertubuhan Kebajikan dan Amal Rumah Teduh Perlis No. 45, Lorong Haroom Bunga, Jalan Sekolah Derma, 01000 Kangar
- NEGERI SEMBILAN: Pertubuhan Kebajikan Anak-anak Istimewa Harapan Negeri Sembilan No. 43, Jalan TTJS 3/4, Taman Tuanku Jaafar, 71450 Sungai Siput, Seremban
- JOHOR: Pertubuhan Kebajikan Anak Yatim Shafar, No 15, Jalan Limau, Kampung Pasir, Tampoi, 81200 Johor Bahru
- SELANGOR: Pusat Jagaan Rumah Kasih Nurul Hasanah No 1, Jalan Pimping Kanan, Ukay Height, 68000 Selangor
- SARAWAK: Pertubuhan Kebajikan dan Pendidikan Nur Murni, No 22, Lot 1365, Lorong Field Force 8e, Taman Green Field, 93250 Kuching
- SABAH: Rumah Anak Kesayangan, No. 22, Lot 151, Jalan Mat Salleh, Taman Sempelang Sembulan, 88100 Kota Kinabalu
Find out more about the #AyamWithYou community pantry initiative, visit https://www.ayambrand.
Post a Comment